What is NFC Barik app?
An official app available free from Consorcio de Transportes de Bizkaia that enables you to check and top up remaining balance and handle other ticketing options available on Barik cards via NFC-enabled mobile devices as many times as you wish, 24/7, wherever you may be, without having to use an actual physical network terminal (ticket booth, top-up machines, etc.).
To use this app you need an NFC-enabled handset running on Android 4.4 or higher and iPhone from 7 version onwards. Not all the wide range of handsets available are necessarily compatible, so we cannot guarantee that the app will run correctly in all of them.
The mobile app is distributed “as is”, so CTB accepts no liability for any direct or indirect damage that might occur as a result of its use or application on your mobile phone.
What I can do with app Barik NFC
This app is fully customised for mobile phones, and provides access to the following options:
- Check on the content of any Barik card by just holding it close to the device.
- Check on the last 30 movements.
- Check on type of card and associated data.
- Purchase & immediate top-up of balance.
- Purchase & immediate top-up of time-restricted tickets.
- Check on maps of the Metro & Bizkaibus routes.
- Secure payment via debit/credit card.
- Secure payment via V.me, without having to enter payment card data repeatedly (Visa, free & open to all debit/credit cards).
- Issue of tickets/ proof of purchase.
- Effective topping up of Barik online purchases.