What is NFC Barik app?
To use this app you need an NFC-enabled handset running on Android 4.4 or higher. Not all the wide range of handsets available are necessarily compatible, so we cannot guarantee that the app will run correctly in all of them.
The mobile app is distributed “as is”, so CTB accepts no liability for any direct or indirect damage that might occur as a result of its use or application on your mobile phone.
What I can do with app Barik NFC
- Check on the content of any Barik card by just holding it close to the device.
- Check on the last 30 movements.
- Check on type of card and associated data.
- Purchase & immediate top-up of balance.
- Purchase & immediate top-up of time-restricted tickets.
- Check on maps of the Metro & Bizkaibus routes.
- Secure payment via debit/credit card.
- Secure payment via V.me, without having to enter payment card data repeatedly (Visa, free & open to all debit/credit cards).
- Issue of tickets/ proof of purchase.
- Effective topping up of Barik online purchases.
Do I need to enter all my bank data every time I top up the card? Is the app secure?
Can I use the app on my iPhone?
With the new iOS 13 version, Apple has released part of the access to the NFC chip of its phones. We're studying the adaptations needed to develop the Barik NFC application.