BILBAO BIZKAIA CARD FOR TOURISTS
What is the Bilbao Bizkaia Card?
It is a contactless card for tourists, which offers holders all-in-one leisure, culture and transport services. It is personal and non-transferable.
For full information on the types of Bilbao Bizkaia Card available, where to buy and use them, prices, validity periods, benefits, reservations, etc., visit this website: http://www.bilbaobizkaiacard.com
On what forms of transport can the Bilbao Bizkaia Card be used?
The Bilbao Bizkaia Card gives its holder unlimited access to the following forms of public transport:
- Metro (Líne 1, Líne 2 and Líne 3)
- - Euskotren (within Bizkaia).
- - The Bilbao tramway.
- The Artxanda funicular railway.
- The Larreineta funicular railway.
- Lejoan Busa (Leioa).
How long can a Bilbao Bizkaia Card be used for travel?
There are three types of Bilbao Bizkaia Card:
- 24 hours.
- 48 hours.
- 72 hours.
The card is activated when it is first used on an eligible form of public transport. The user is then entitled to unlimited free journeys up to its expiry.
How is the Bilbao Bizkaia Card used for travel?
Cards must be validated on ticketing machines as follows. Otherwise fines will be applied:
- Metro Bilbao, Euskotren and Bizkaibus: cards must be validated at the start and end of each journey.
- Bilbobus: Bilbobus: Cards must be validated on the bus at the start of the journey.
- Tram & Funicular: Cards must be validated on the platform before starting the journey.